Volunteer Dentistry Projects in Argentina
- Placement location: Cordoba
- Role: To gain valuable dentistry experience alongside a skilled local dentist
- Types of placements: Hospital and outreach work
- Requirements: Volunteers must speak Spanish to an intermediate level
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
As a Dentistry volunteer in Argentina with Projects Abroad, you will gain a great deal of valuable work-experience alongside some of the most skilled dentists in the country. You can volunteer on a dentistry project in Argentina as part of a gap year, a career-break, or during a short break in your studies.
Volunteers who wish to work in the field of dentistry can gain valuable work experience in Hospital Pediatrico del Ninos Jesus, a public university hospital located in Cordoba not far from where our office is based. You will be learning from experienced staff who provide all aspects of dental healthcare to children who travel here from the surrounding regions. The facilities may look run down from the outside, but the equipment and resources available are comparable to what is available in the West.
Your Role as a Dental Volunteer
As a dental volunteer, you will shadow and observe the local staff, experiencing specific dental procedures and general oral health-care. You may get the opportunity to take part in an outreach project in one of the local orphanages.
You may have dental knowledge and experience, be a dental student, or be volunteering before starting dental school. Whatever level of experience you have, our dentists in Argentina are really keen for you to learn from them. Using your initiative and showing a willingness to help staff with their duties - will ensure that your experience is second to none.
While volunteering in Argentina you will live with a host family. This is a wonderful experience as you will be involved in real day-to-day life. There is a lot to do in Cordoba in your spare time, and other Projects-Abroad volunteers to spend time with.
An intermediate level of Spanish is required for this placement to ensure that you can interact fully with both the local staff and the patients. Volunteers should also be of smart appearance.
You can read more detailed information about the aims of the project in our Argentina Medicine & Healthcare Management Plan.