Volunteer Building Projects in Philippines
- Placement location: San Remigio
- Role: Assist local builders to construct sanitation facilities
- Accommodation: Host families
- Price: From
- What's included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, travel and medical insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What's not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 1 week
- Start dates: Flexible
There is a severe lack of proper water and sanitation facilities in the municipality of San Remigio, where our Building project is based. More than 3,000 households in this area do not have their own toilets. In order to meet this need, our focus is on building toilet and sanitation facilities for these homes.
Volunteering on a Building Project in the Philippines
Volunteers work alongside local builders and tradesmen and are supervised by the Projects Abroad Building Manager. They will teach you all the necessary building skills needed to take part in this project.
- Digging and laying foundations
- Mixing cement
- Setting up fixed columns
- Steel matting
- Cutting plywood
- Cutting coco lumber
- Roof framing
- Installing purlins and roofs
- Plumbing (piping works for sewer and water line)
You do not need previous building experience to take part in this project; although anyone who does have relevant skills will be very welcome and will be able to take in a more specialised role. You should, however, be reasonably physically active and be prepared for working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
You can join the Building project in Philippines for one, two or three weeks if you don't have time to join us for four weeks or more. This project has been selected by our local colleagues as being suitable for short term volunteering for both the host community and the volunteer Although you will gain a valuable cultural insight and work within the local community please be aware that you may not be able to make the same impact as someone volunteering for a longer period.