Volunteer Advisor - Japan
Vacancy for: Volunteer Advisor
Based: Yokohama, Japan
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad's mission is to provide the world’s gold standard for international volunteering and internships. We believe we can create positive change in the world through hard work and compassion, for both individuals and entire communities. We’ve been running projects and sending volunteers and interns all over the world for 25 years.
The main purpose of the role is to be the main point of contact for each volunteer before they travel to their selected destination. You will be the volunteer's source of advice. We need to provide them with as much information as possible about their placement, and also receive detailed information from them about their expectations and skills. We will then be able to match volunteer preferences with the needs of the placements. You will also need to deal with admin related tasks.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out all tasks as instructed in our internal procedures.
- Initial acceptances of volunteers – ensuring all necessary checks are done prior to acceptance.
- Create a detailed profile of each volunteer, finding out their likes and dislikes, qualifications, skills and abilities and keep a record of this in internal systems.
- Ensure all communications (both emails and telephone calls) are carried out on time as per the requirements set out in internal guides.
- Ensure all communications are accurate and suitable for the individual volunteer
- Ensure checklists are kept up to date at all times
- Ensure all correspondence with and/or about volunteers is detailed in internal systems.
- Keep up to date and familiar with projects available in your destination(s) of responsibility.
- Answer all volunteer queries etc. in an accurate, friendly and timely manner.
- Be proactive in chasing responses from colleagues and for preference information and CVs from volunteers.
Preferred/required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Communication, Business Administration, or Tourism
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and Google Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and sales background.
- Ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
- Meet short deadlines and multi-task
You should be:
- A team player who enjoys working as part of a team
- Bilingual in both English and Japanese
- Confident with the main social media platforms
- Highly organised and able to plan your time efficiently and independently.
- Flexible and able to take direction and accept feedback.
- Ability to motivate team members
- International travel/volunteer work of advantage
- This position is for a 1 year contract, subject to a 3-months probation period.
- You will receive a competitive salary (variable dependent on relevant experience)
Are you interested? Please use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.