Lead Scientist / Tagging Coordinator
Vacancy for: Lead Scientist / Tagging Coordinator
Based: Pacific Harbour, Fiji
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
An exciting new opportunity has become available on the Projects Abroad Fiji Shark Conservation Project for a Lead Scientist / Tagging Coordinator.
Responsibilities of the role
- All aspects of the scientific research conducted on the Conservation Project including training of staff and volunteers in scientific and research techniques.
- Organization, implementation, and management of tagging operations, related activities and data collection.
- Volunteer management and supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marine Science or similar biological discipline.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with a passion for interacting with international volunteers.
- Fijian national.
- Full training will be provided however candidates with experience in research techniques, handling fishing gears and SCUBA diving will be favored.
You will be offered a 12 month contract subject to passing a 3 month probationary period
To apply: click on the apply button and upload a CV and a cover letter. Do not send applications by email.