Content Creator - German - Cape Town, SA
Vacancy for: Content Creator - German
Based: Cape Town, South Africa
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading volunteer organization recruiting young people from around the world, including the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
We have sent over 115,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 29 countries to teach conversational English and to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
Projects Abroad is the world’s gold standard for international volunteering and internships. We believe we can create positive change in the world through hard work and compassion, for both individuals and entire communities. We’ve been running projects and sending volunteers/interns all over the world for 25 years. We have got big plans for the future!
To recruit our fee-paying volunteers we use a variety of offline and online marketing measures.
We’re looking for a German Content Creator to help us produce content for our various communication platforms in order to help inspire potential volunteers from Germany and other European countries to join one of our projects. You’ll be a part of an international creative team based in Cape Town, and you’ll work closely with our Marketing and Sales teams based in the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop original website content, including copy, images and video
- Edit and optimize all existing web copy to ensure it is SEO friendly
- Manage paid and organic social media content including planning, implementation and reporting
- Write marketing materials such as blog pieces and newsletters
- Translate and upload content from other languages as required
- Plan, create, implement and evaluate marketing campaigns and strategies
- Analyze and evaluate your marketing efforts in Google Analytics and other data analysis tools
- Be a native German speaker
- Be Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Be a creative and conceptual writer and thinker able to come up with content ideas that generate high engagement
- Have 1+ year's experience in online content creation
- Be proficient with social media platforms
- Be up to date with latest web trends and SEO (preferable)
- Have thorough understanding and knowledge of your target market (German)
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work towards deadlines
- Have good understanding of brand building
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
To apply, please provide a CV (2 pages maximum) and a cover letter.