Conservation Project Manager - Botswana
Vacancy for: Conservation Project Manager
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world.
We have projects running in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for a project manager with experience working in the African bush, to help manage our Conservation project in Botswana.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organise and co-ordinate the day to day running of all field and other activities involving the volunteers, project staff, other participants and the host community
- Ensure that all project assets are properly maintained, including buildings, vehicles, generators, tools and solar installations by reporting to the Conservation Directors any maintenance work that needs to be carried out and assisting in budgeting for these tasks
- Ensure that all expenses incurred are accounted for
- Provide the volunteers with support so they understand the importance of the projects and the role they play in conservation of the area
- Organise, supervise and execute field activities as required, taking into account all physical, logistical, safety and financial considerations in conjunction with the Conservation Director
- Maintain effective records using IT systems
- Ensure that all volunteers, staff and participants adhere to safety procedures at all times
- Provide technical advise to and assist Conservation Directors with implementation of plans to enhance the conservation aspects of the Reserve
- Update Country Facebook Page on a twice weekly basis with relevant news from the programme
- Complete monthly Impact Reports, annual reports and other reports as required
- Have a diploma or degree in a Conservation related field
- Have at least two years' relevant experience working and living in the African bush
- Be an advanced English speaker
- Have proven experience of working with volunteers or being a volunteer
- Have good administrative and time management skills
- Be flexible, adaptable and self-reliant
- Have experience working with culturally diverse populations and be culturally sensitive
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Be safety oriented and able to manage emergency situations
- Knowledge of local culture and language
- Mechanical skills
You will work under a three-year contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview, satisfactory references, and work and residence permits being granted.
Salary and Benefits:
Projects Abroad pays a good local salary, international flights, insurance, accommodation and food at the Conservation Camp.
Please complete the online application form and upload a cover letter explaining why you are perfect for this role.
Start Date: 31st March, 2018